Welcome back from Spring Break! And it actually feels like Spring!
An absolutely gorgeous day! I hope you are enjoying it and finding time in your schedule to read
Let.It.Go by Karen Ehman Chapter 7: “When Your Schedule Screams (and You Want to Scream Too)”.
We had an ice storm mishap with our backyard gazebo (as a friend of Jack’s said “it’s like Viking stadium”) It was disappointing when we woke up to a tangled mess of metal, tarp and ice on top of the grill. Dealing with it definitely wasn’t on our schedule. I just wanted to build a snowman on our day off but that didn’t happen. And making a decision about what to do with the backyard mess wasn’t fun. At All. I don’t really like making furniture-type decisions and when there is angst and a surprise situation thrown in there, it’s not pretty.
After a few days passed and the weather improved each family member seemed to have a different idea of how to best use our back patio now that we were faced with a change. A family decision sounds like a reasonable plan but can also turn into manipulation … cause …well….we all want our own way. We had several discussions and internet browsing together cause that is a group activity, right? I had to do some serious “letting go” when my husband wanted to “drive” my laptop. And a computer driver does not enjoy a “backseat” navigator. Eventually we took turns looking at the options and narrowed it down. The end result was a new gazebo (we named Z-Bo the gazebo) AND an outdoor sectional with a coffee table from our favorite store, Costco.
My husband (with some teenage assistance) assembled it this weekend! And right now I am feeling so peaceful and relaxed as I spend time with the Lord and prepare our outline for Wed. When I first got settled out here, I got comfy, toes in the sunshine, closed my eyes and talked to the Lord and guess what… I fell asleep! Exactly what I needed in my schedule today. And a perfect picture of the memory verse for me. Trusting God with my time.
Psalm 31:14-15a NIV:
But I trust in you. O Lord; I say,
“You are my God.”
My times are in your hand;
And here is the screensaver I created using a photo I took when leaving Denver on Friday:
If you have time to dig deeper, here is a challenge from the Online Bible Study by Melissa Taylor. We will discuss this together this week:
- Open your Bibles to Psalm 31:14. Read Psalm 31:14-24. Underline what speaks to you personally. Journal about it as if you are speaking to God Himself.
I found this passage so encouraging. God is on my side!!! He’s there to fight my enemies and I can be strong and take heart because my hope is in Him. (v. 24)
- Oh let’s keep reading. Look what’s next, Psalm 32. Any of you struggle with forgiveness? Do you wonder if God could really forgive you? I know I’ve had that question before and the Bible gave me the wonderful freeing answers I needed and desired. Yes! We are forgiven!
Read Psalm 32:1-11. Mark the verses that you are thankful for the most. The ones that are jumping in your heart right now. Take a few moments to pray or journal.
Wow! I acknowledge my sins, I confessed, and I’m FORGIVEN!!! No more record of that sin. The Lord loves me unfailingly! (v. 10b)
- Read Psalm 33:4 and Psalm 33:20-22.
Think, pray, and journal on that!!!
Are you filled with hope today? Are YOU filled with hope today? Are you FILLED with hope today? Are you filled with HOPE today? Are you filled with hope TODAY?
Schedule and Admin 🙂
- This week is the end of the month so we will have an optional lunch at Panera in Cordova after our meeting.
- The Moms at Hope will be collecting money for reading tutors for Hopewell Orphanage. Donating is completely optional. If you would like to contribute, please bring cash or checks made out to Hope to our next meeting on March 25th. Here’s a link to learn more about this awesome ministry: http://www.hopewellbelize.org/
- There are also volunteer opportunities with Oasis of Hope. Katie and I will be volunteering at the Easter Egg Hunt. We had a great time last year. Shelly and her kiddos were there as well. For more information, check out the website: (this site is managed by our very own Karey Hoff) http://www.oasis-of-hope.com/news/2015/03/bring-on-the-jellybeans-marshmallow-bunnies-its-time-for-the-easter-egg-hunt-328/
Prayer request for Hope Women’s Ministry team leaving on a mission trip this week
Will you join me in praying with Mary Ann Ruff and the team:
Gracious Father, “Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father in heaven”. Matthew 5:16 The Word you gave to Matthew expresses our greatest desire! Grant that your Light be manifested in our lives, that Love rule in every action, that any “good works” we do would glorify you and you alone. Give those we serve eyes and ears to discern the ways of the Lord and seek ‘the way, the truth and the life’, John 14:6.Thank you that the good work you began in our life you promise to complete until the day of Christ Jesus (Phil 1:6). The hope of this promise inspires us to carry on this side of heaven. We are dependent upon the work of your Spirit and eternally grateful for the sacrifice of your Son. In Jesus name, Amen.